MyEtherWallet is to some extent the most popular ERC20 wallet around.
Have you been having issues like not seeing your tokens in your wallet?
Don’t panic; we have all been there at one point in time or the other. What this means that the token is not supported by MEW by default.
Since most ICOs and airdrops are ERC20 tokens, MyEtherWallet usually has a tough time keeping up with the emergence of new tokens but that is not a problem.
But the good news is that you can do it yourself manually.
In this tutorial, You shall be learning the step by step process of adding your custom token on MEW.
Adding a Custom Token in MyEtherWallet
Before going ahead with this tutorial, you have to create an account or wallet on MyEtherWallet.
After creating your account or wallet on MEW, you can go ahead and follow the instructions below to add your custom token;
- Go to myetherwallet.com
- Login and unlock your wallet.
- Go to ‘view wallet info’.
- Select ‘add custom token’ tab.
- At this point, a custom token dialogue form will appear. On it, you need to enter the contract address, token symbol and number of decimals. These details would be provided by the token creators.
- Lastly, click ‘save’ and your custom tokens would appear in MEW.
Very straightforward, right?
This five minutes video below shows you step by step. However, if you cannot watch the video, read the description.
If you are still having difficulties with it, here is a detailed step by step approach to adding a custom token on MEW.
The process of adding an ERC20 custom token
Note that only ERC20 tokens are supported on MyEtherWallet. This is because it is an Ethereum specific wallet.
- Login to MEW
- Click ‘add custom token’ by the right below ‘token balances’
- Click on ‘add custom token’
- Fill in the details; you would find these details from the creators of the contract. You would need details such as contract address, token symbol, and the number of decimals.
- Click ‘Save’ and select ‘show all tokens’ to display all your token balances’
This is literally how to add a custom token on MEW. The process is the same for ERC20 wallets like Metamask and Coinomi,
I really hope this piece helps you in solving the problem of not seeing your tokens and in adding custom tokens on MEW.
If you are still having issues or questions about this or any topic at all, feel free to drop it in the comments section below and we would get back to you soonest.