Today, I will be talking about the Ledger Manager app “Ledger Live”.
In this post, you will learn how to download, install, and use the Ledger Live like it’s always been a daily routine.
Its an interface that let you access your wallet from your computer or smartphone.
Sit tight as I walk you through.
I have reviewed all the Ledger Hardware wallets. One thing they all have in common is they all work with the Ledger Live.
The Ledger Live is a digital companion of the Ledger wallet. Also known as the “Ledger Manager”, it allows you to set up and manage your Nano S or Nano X.
To smoothly walk you through this post, I will do that under the following subheadings:
Stay put, I have only given you a tip of the iceberg!
Functions Of The Ledger Live
The Ledger Live is built to serve the following purpose.
- It gives you an overview of all your cryptocurrency portfolio activities i.e;
- Check your balance for each crypto at a glance
- It displays a full history of all your transactions.
- Manage your crypto assets at the same time.
- Send and receive your cryptos.
- To set up your new Ledger wallet.
Note: The “Ledger Live” does not expose your private keys to the internet, because of the security chip embedded in your Ledger wallet, thus even in a virus-infested computer, your crypto is still safe.
What You Need
You need these items in place before the app can be of any help to you;
- A Ledger Nano S or X device
- A computer with at least Windows 8+(64-bit), MacOS 10.9, or Linux Ubuntu 16.10 (64-bit).
- Internet connection
- A USB cable, Use USB adapter for USB-C ports.
Good! Now you are ready, we can move ahead to know how to download and install.
Download and Installation Of The “Ledger Live”
Here is the procedure:
Download for MacOS
- Open the “Ledger Live” page on your web browser.
- Click on “Download”.
- Double click the “.dmg file” in your downloads.
- Move the application to your “Application“ folder.
- Launch the app from your Spotlight or Launchpad.
- A warning will appear on your screen, click open to allow installation.
Download for Windows
- Go to the “Ledger Live” Page on your web browser.
- Download the app.
- Double click the “Ledger Live” app you just downloaded.
- Click Yes to allow the installation.
- Click on Finish after the installation is complete.
Download for Linux
- Open the “Ledger Live” Page on Ledger site.
- Download the “AppImage”.
- Make the file executable via a terminal (chod +x Ledger-Live-*.AppImage.)
- Double click the AppImage to launch it…
Update: On the arrival of Ledger Nano X, the Ledger Live now has a smaller version for your smartphone. Download the Ledger Live Mobile from your Google play store for your android Apply store for your iPhone.
That was quite easy; with a swift internet connection this process won’t last up to 5minutes or even less.
Click on the links below to find out how to use the app with your Ledger Wallets;
Note: the Ledger Live mobile is only compatible with the Nano X and Not Nano S. This is because the Nano X inbuilt battery and BlueTooth for wireless connection while the Nano S does not.
After installing the Ledger manager app on your device, the next step is to pair with your Ledger Wallet.
I hope you are now informed about the Ledger Live?
Now I want to hear from you.
What Ledger device do you currently use and which would you like to buy?
Do you think the app is lacking any important feature?
Talk to me in the comments section if you have any questions. Don’t forget to share the post with your friends on your social media handle…
You can purchase the Ledger Nano S and Nano X at the Ledger store. When you purchase both together (backup pack), you get a discount of 20%. You can decide to use one as a backup while you move around with the other if you choose to.