This post is a complete review of Alpari with a guide to profit massively from this platform even as a beginner.
Alpari is a broker that has been around for 20 years now. It has over 2 million clients worldwide of which about 150,000 of them are from Nigeria. Alpari is heavily regulated, it has 3 international licenses, and it’s the largest Meta Trader broker.
I started using Alpari in 2017 and wrote my first review then and also regularly updated it to make it the most complete Alpari review online. This is my 2020 review.
By the end of this review, you would have learned about its legitimacy, ease of use, profitability, support, etc.
Read on as I take you through this guide.
I will keep it simple but concise and straight to the point. You will learn about its products and services offered, regulations, income strategy, and opportunities.
Below is the breakdown of what I will be covering:
- About the Company (Overview)
- Is Alpari Scam or Legit?
- Products and Services
- Trading Platforms
- Types of Account
- Supported Currencies and Payment Methods
- Transaction Fees
- Supported Countries
- Customer Support
- Defunct Products and Services
- How to Make Massive Income on Alpari Even as a Newcomer.
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. Overview of the Company
Alpari, now 20 years since its creation, is one of the leading Forex Trading/Investment platforms.
The Alpari brand was launched in 1998, while Alpari International obtained its FSC license in November 2013.
In 2014, it turned over 2.5 trillion USD in trade and as by 2015, Alpari has branches in 150 countries offering its services to over two million clients.
Alpari International is regulated by the financial service commission of the Republic of Mauritius with license number C113012295.
2. Is Alpari Scam or Legit?
This is a question any serious-minded investor should ask. This is actually the first thing I do whenever I come across a financial platform; I check their track record to find out if it’s legit or just one of the numerous scam sites online.
To answer this question, I will highlight the following points.
- Alpari was launched on December 14, 1998, making it 20 years in operation as of this year 2020.
- It is heavily regulated. It has about 18 regulatory documents.
- Alpari has 3 international licenses backing its operation. The documents can be found at the bottom of its website.
- It has sponsored about 7 clubs including West Ham United FC, FC Spark Moscow, New York Rangers, etc. You can find the rest here.
- Alpari has a Charity organization where thousands of handicapped children have been helped and financial assistance offered to those in need.
- Alpari is present in over 150 countries and has offices in some of them including Abuja, Nigeria.
The points above are clear proof that Alpari is legit.
3. Products and Services
Alpari offered over 5 services in the past but currently now offers 4. In the later part of this post, I will highlight the defunct services and how you can still access them.
The Products and Services currently offered on Alpari International include:
- Forex and CFD
- Stock Trading
- Forex Education
Forex and CFD:
You can trade the over 95 currencies pairs, Precious metals, and Index. e.g EURUSD, JPYUSD, EURCHF, Brent, AUD200, etc.
Alpari makes it easy for institutional investors to own and trade Company stocks like Alphabet, Facebook, Microsoft, Alibaba group, etc.
Investment (Copy Trader):
This package is designed for newcomers to start earning immediately while learning to trade. Investors who do not have time can also quickly profit from this package. It also gives pro traders the opportunity to earn more making it a win-win for all.
The investment package works this way.
- A Pro – trader applies to become a Strategy Manager and shares his trades once approved.
- An investor or a newcomer copies the trader.
- The investor must not be online to copy each trade. This process is automated. Once the investor starts copying the trader, each trade made by the trader will be mirrored in the investor’s account to the amount he has and the risk level he has set.
Note: The trader does not have access to the investor’s account and the investor can choose to stop copying the trader at any time.
- The Strategy Manager is awarded a percentage of the profit he has made for the investor only when he makes a profit (I explained this in the examples below).
Note that the Strategy Manager sets the percentage shares that will be awarded him from the profit he makes for the investor. This is to a maximum of 40%.
- If the strategy manager makes a loss in the first month and profits the second month, his profit share will be taken from the net profit of the two months.
To explain this further let’s take a look at Strategy Manager Amaka and Investor Joe.
- Joe creates an Alpari account, funds it with $1,000 and decided to copy Amaka’s trades (who has set her profit share at 25%) after analyzing her track record.
- Amaka makes a 50% profit from her trades the first month which translates to $1500 in Joe’s account. Amaka will be awarded $125 (25% of $500) while Joe takes home $1,350.
- If Amaka makes a loss of 20% in the first month and a profit of 50% the second month. This translates to $800 in Joe’s account the first month and $1,200 ($800 + 50% of $800) the second month.
- Amaka will receive no reward the first month and will be awarded a net profit of ($50 = 25% of $200) the second month from Joe’s account.
I hope my explanation was good enough. I could explain more but I think we have deviated from a review to a tutorial.
However, at the end of the post, I will show you an investment strategy you can use to amass a consistent profit of 20% to 50% monthly.
But for now, let’s get back to the review. Another product/service available on Alpari is Forex education.
Alpari holds webinars (online seminar) 1 or 2 times a month where two experienced traders teach users Forex basics and trading strategies. The webinars are usually scheduled for an hour with a question and answer session included.
A newcomer can amass a wealth of knowledge from this tutorial.
That’s that on the Products and Services available on Alpari International. Let check on the trading platforms.
4. Alpari Trading Platforms
Once you have created an account on Alpari, the actual trades are carried out on the trading platforms where analysis is carried out and trades made. These are the;
- Metatrader 4 (MT4) and
- Metatrader 5 (MT5)
They are available as apps for download on PC, Android, and iOS as well as the Web version.
Meta Trader 4 (MT4)
MT4 is the world’s most populous forex trading platform. It has a lot of easy to use and very useful features.
The MT4 has a wide selection of tools that you can select from and customize to meet your needs.
Alpari has been working with the developers of Meta Trader 4 software for years for continued improvement of the software and better users’ experience.
Meta Trader 5 (MT5)
If you liked the MT4, then you will love theMeta Trader 5. The MT5 delivers everything that traders love about Meta Trader 4 plus more.
The Meta Trader 5 has more new features and technical upgrades, giving you all the tools you need to take on the market. You cannot trade stocks with the MT4 but you can with MT5.
Most Forex broker does not have the MT5 thus giving Alpari an edge over them.
5. Trading Accounts on Alpari
There are 7 trading accounts on Alpari. The first is a demo account while the rest are real accounts.
- Demo account
- Micro account
- Standard account
- ECN MT4 account
- ECN MT5 account
- Pro MT4 account
- Investment account
The major differences between these accounts are its liquidity, minimum deposit amount, amongst others. Here is the breakdown.
5 ($,€,£) or ₦1,000
100 ($,€,£) or ₦20,000
500 ($,€,£) or ₦20,000
500 ($,€,£) or ₦20,000
The Demo account is a practice account. It lets you trade live forex market without risking your own money. It comes with all the trading tools available in the real account. On Alpari, you can fund your demo account with up to 1 million virtual USD. However, you cannot withdraw your winnings since the fund in the demo account is not real.
Newcomers are always advised to practice with the demo account to be sure forex is good for them before opening a real account.
This is designed for beginners transitioning from the demo account to a real account to start trading the with minimum amount possible. You can fund your account with as low as 5 ($,€,£) or ₦1,000 if you are in Nigeria. This account displays your balance in cents thus $10 will be displayed as 1,000 cents.
This is the first and oldest account type in forex trading. With it, traders can trade standard lots.
Electronic Communication Network (ECN) Account (for MT4 and MT5)
This account type has the highest liquidity. It provides a direct connection with liquidity providers (banks, brokerages, etc) through an automated system for buyers and sellers to execute trades.
Two of these types of accounts are available in Alpari: the ECN MT4 account and the ECN MT5 account. With the MT5 account, users can trade stocks.
Pro MT4 Account
The Pro account is designed for Pro traders trading high volume. You get greater liquidity and lower spread. It comes with no commission, no requotes and no compromises. This account gives the trader the most exciting trading conditions. The minimum deposit into this account is 25,000 ($,€,£).
To copy trades as I explained earlier, you will need the investment account.
I hope you are following? If you have any questions, you can always ask me in the comment section.
That said, let’s take a look at the supported currencies and payment methods.
6. Supported Currencies and Payment Methods
Alpari supports 4 major currencies for trading. They are:
- US dollars (USD $)
- Euro (EUR €)
- Great British Pound (GBP £)
- Nigerian Naira (NGN ₦)
Note that the above are the currencies for trading. Alpari supports over 150 countries thus accepts deposits and withdrawals in the native currencies of these countries.
There are 4 major payment methods available on Alpari.
- Local Payment method: Alpari supports payment in the native currency of most countries it supports e.g in the local bank transfer of the Naira in Nigeria, INR in India, TRY in Turkey, etc. Some are instant while some take up to 2 days to be processed.
- Credit/Debit Card: Card supported are Visa, Master, and Maestro cards. Deposit is instant.
- E-wallets: These include: Neteller, Skrill, Vload, TC Pay, Webmoney, Perfect Money, Bitcoin. All are instant except Bitcoin which might take up to 24 hours.
- Bankwire: These are international bank wire transfer in GBP, USD or EUR. They are processed in 3 to 5 business days.
7. Alpari Transaction Fees
- Deposit: Zero (0), no commission
- Withdrawal: Varies, depends on the withdrawal method
- Spread: depends on the trading account, starts from 0.4
More information can be found on its official website.
8. Supported Countries
Alpari International products and services are available to residents of over 150 countries.
These are all the countries of the world except these 20: USA, Mauritius, Japan, Haiti, Suriname, the Democratic Republic of Korea, Russia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Moldova, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Georgia, New Zealand, and Canada.
9. Alpari Customer Support
Alpari has one of the best customer support in the forex industry for these reasons:
- Account Manager: When you create an account, Alpari assigns an account manager to you that will call you within 24 hours (I was called the very first hour). He/She will help you set up your account, find out what you aim to achieve, and give you options to aid you to do so.
You can call your account manager at any time if you have issues.
- 24/7 Customer Support: You can contact customer support at any time via the Live chat at the home page. The live chat responds to my query within 1 minute most of the time. However, it might take up to 10 minutes on rare occasions.
I will say that the Alpari customer support is excellent because they do not leave you hanging at any point. They are always there to help you.
10. Defunct Products and Services
Here are some of the now-defunct program on Alpari:
- PAMM Account/Portfolio: It is similar to the ‘copy trader’ Investment program present on Alpari.org but it gives the investor limited control over his account. It is still available on Alpari.com but might be stopped months from now.
- CryptA Capital Investment portfolio: This is an investment in cryptocurrencies. It now defunct.
- Structured Product: This is an investment in stocks. It is similar to stock trading but it’s now defunct.
11. How to Make Massive Income on Alpari Even as a Newcomer
There are 3 major ways to earn on Alpari:
- As a Trader: If you are a good trader, you could make a good income on Alpari from trading as well as commission on your copied trades through the Structured Managers’ Program.
- Affiliate Program: When you invite your friends, family or enemies ? to trade on Alpari through your affiliate link and they do so, you earn a handsome commission of $50.
- Investment Program (Copied Traders): If you do this correctly, you can earn a consistent 20 – 100% on your investment each month. No worries; I will show you how to do this step by step below.
How to Make 20% -100% monthly on Alpari Copying Traders on Auto-Pilot
The information on this page is the method I have personally tested and currently use. Results may differ if you use them.
It is not a financial advice. If you need one, please consult your financial advisor.
- Step 1.
Create an Alpari account and verify it.
- Step 2.
Click on deposit to fund your account.
- Step 3.
Navigate to account overview to launch an “Investment Account”.
- Step 4.
At step 3, you will be shown the list of traders (Strategy Managers) to Copy. Conduct your analysis of the managers, choose, and invest.
There are 4 Major Stats I consider when conducting my analysis on a Strategy manager. They are:
- Monthly Profit: Is the trader making a consistent monthly profit? (Make sure to check the monthly profit and not just the all-time profit).
- Days Open: 3 months of stats is reasonable to ascertain the consistency of the Strategy Manager.
- Drawdown: This will aid me to set my risk level if I am satisfied with the monthly profit. For instance, if you set your risk/protection level at 70% and the Strategy Manager makes a loss of 31% before making a profit, your trade will be closed at a 30% loss to protect your capital. Even if the trade eventually makes a profit, you will not because it is already closed.
- Manager’s Instruction: Most Strategy Manager gives instruction on how to copy their trades. Most Strategy Manager will advise you to follow their trades for 30 to 90 days for maximum profitability.
- I copy at least two traders at a time; this increases my chances of being in profit month after month. Because it is rare that two managers can make a loss in a month.
- I do not pick my managers based on Alpari Rank. A trader ranked high on Alpari might have one month of massive profit (say 800%) and several months of loss. Rather, I choose based on consistency.
I hope I have done justice to this topic? Thank me in the comment section.
Open an investment account here.
12. Frequently Asked Questions
Alpari is present in over 153 countries. It presently has only one physical office in Nigeria.
Plot 252 Maina Court, Herbert Macaulay Way (adjacent NNPC Tower) CBD Abuja, Nigeria.
Alpari.com is the old interface while Alpari.org (Alpari International) is the new interface. Updating the former could have a negative impact as users might be confused because the later has a relatively very different interface from the former. Thus Alpari.org was created and users of Alpari.com are periodically prompted to create an account at Alpari.org.
Alpari offers one of the most attractive packages in Investment and forex trading for both beginners and experts. The website has one of the best informational content in the world of forex.
Though it has had its ups and downs in 20 years, Alpari has always come out strong. Alpari still remains one of the best investment destinations for investors and forex traders.
This brings us to the end; I hope I left nothing out.
If you enjoyed reading this article and appreciate the time and effort I put into developing it, let me know right away in the comment section.
Also, tell me:
Have you created an account already? If not, open a Demo Account, try out the platform, and let know your experience in the comment section.
Or maybe you have a question, let me know in the comment section.
Don’t forget to share this article on Twitter.
Trading Forex and Leveraged Financial Instruments involves significant risk and can result in the loss of your invested capital. Therefore, you should only speculate with money that you can afford to lose.
Please, ensure you fully understand the risks involved, seeking independent advice, if necessary, prior to entering into such transactions.